Boom Box Post Internship Program
Boom Box Post is proud to provide an internship program for aspiring sound editors, designers, and mixers. Throughout the course of their internship, interns will gain valuable industry experience as well as a window into Boom Box Post's internal creative processes. Each internship experience is four months in duration and occurs seasonally starting on January 1st (winter), May 1st (summer), or September 1st (fall).
Internship interviews must be conducted in-person for all Los Angeles area applicants. Applicants from outside the greater Los Angeles area may request an interview via Google Hangouts. However, as interviews are conducted approximately two weeks before the start of the session, long distance applicants must have the ability to move to Los Angeles within a very short timeframe should they be accepted to the program.
- Availability during normal business hours (Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm) at least two days per week for a duration of four months
- A minimum of one year of education in audio engineering or similar field
- The ability to work independently
- Proficiency in ProTools
- Proficiency in Mac OSX
- Basic understanding of video editing software
- The ability to carry 30 lbs.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and motor vehicle
- Assistance with media tracking and organization
- Studio errands
- Light cleaning and maintenance of studio facilities
- Interns will be allotted one-on-one time with the editors of Boom Box Post who will aid in their instruction of the following skills: recording techniques, sound effects library creation, dialogue editing, foley editing, sound design/sound effects editorial, and re-recording mixing.
- Once the above curriculum has been completed, interns will be given one-on-one time with the studio owners to practice their skills in mock client situations and to create pieces for their demo reel.
- Interns will be allowed full access to observe the editors of Boom Box Post on a daily basis.
- Helping with the day-to-day operations of a post-production sound facility will allow interns to understand the professional environment into which they will be entering.
If you would like to apply, please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in the position to email@example.com with a subject heading of "Internship Program Application."